I did it!! I completed #MegsNoWriMo, my own version of #NaNoWriMo, as I wasn't able to write last November. Yay! I'm over the moon. :D
Here are my daily wordcounts, if you're interested.
I've learnt a lot about my writing habits during the challenge and I've thoroughly enjoyed it! My main takeaways from it are:
1) I now have a habit of building writing into each day.
2) I learnt that I am a very inefficient writer currently (a lot of butt-in-chair time = not very much writing) - I need to and intend to address this.
3) Breaking big goals down into little chunks really does make it manageable. The words fly by!
4) That NaNo is a BRILLIANT excuse to crank it up a notch!
5) I learnt more about my ideal writing times. Early morning, late afternoon, late evening. Weekdays. I struggle to find time to write on weekends at all too, which I didn't realise before.
The most satisfying part is not having completed 50,000 words surprisingly, but seeing how very close to completion The Brooding Crown is. I know I set myself the 50k challenge and was determined to succeed, but it was impossible to imagine getting to far with it, in a way.
If you're thinking about giving NaNo a try - even if it's not in November, I urge you to do it! It's a thoroughly rewarding experience. :-)
I look forward to doing it again in November this year. ;-)