Thursday 27 March 2014

(You know you're a writer when...) it's date night... with Scrivener!



Yep, that's right; happy days!

It's time for a date night of the writing kind; just me and Scrivener*.

Task of the evening? Flesh out the plot for books 2 and 3 of the Caledan series.

I thought I'd take the time to work some more on this whilst book 1, The Tainted Crown, is with my very kind proof readers and critique buddies for feedback.

I already have some bare bones laid down but definitely need to add to them before I'm anywhere near ready to start writing book 2!

I'm currently plotting both books together so that I can pick the most appropriate point to split the two books later and also make sure to tie up all loose ends. Ideally I would have plotted out the whole series first; but when I started book 1 I didn't have a clue what I was doing!

You live, you learn, eh? So this is the next best point to pin down all the fine details for the rest of the series/ I am hoping to write book 2 this summer so it needs doing!

I can't wait. Just me and the keyboard, a cup of tea and the cat sat next to me (or at the other side of the house ignoring me; either's good!), with the internet turned off (required for any hope of success!).

If you're writing tonight... enjoy!

Ciao for now,

Meg

*If you haven't heard of Scrivener before, I highly recommend you check it out! It's an amazing program built by writers for writers.


No comments:

Post a Comment